Vehicle Sale/Leaseback – A sale/leaseback is a service where a fleet management company purchases your company vehicles for a pre-determined amount and leases it back to your company. Sale/leasebacks can be done with either company owned vehicles or vehicles that are currently leased or financed through another lessor/lender.
These days, managing cash flow and releasing cash back into your business are important steps in the sustainability and growth of your business. A sale/leaseback can be a valuable option for fleets of all sizes to help improve cash flow while lowering total fleet operating costs.
Some of the benefits of a sale/leaseback include:
- A sale/leaseback can release capital back into your business. If vehicles are owned, tapping into the fleet as a source of cash is the most common reason companies consider selling their fleet and leasing it back.
- Consolidate to one fleet management partner for all your vehicle needs.
- Take advantage of services fleet management companies offer including vehicle acquisition, fuel management, maintenance management, analytics, and vehicle licencing.
- Utilize a fleet management company’s expertise with effective vehicle cycling/remarketing. Click here to learn more about best practices on vehicle cycling
- Potential reduction in income taxes and improved balance sheet performance.
- Ability to potentially secure or utilize other credit lines for business operations and growth.
While a sale/leaseback can be a valuable option to help improve cash flow and reduce overall fleet operating costs, it might not be the right solution for all vehicle fleets. To learn more about sale/leasebacks or other services that can help you better manage your fleet of vehicles safely and cost-effectively, contact us today.Jim Pattison Lease
Vehicle leasing provides a significant cash flow advantage to a business over purchasing, as the lower lease payment reflects the expected usage of the vehicle. In essence, you only pay for what you use.
A Closed-End (operating lease) is a type of lease that offers flexible terms and kilometre allowances while eliminating residual risk and avoiding uncertainty of the used vehicle market.
Benefits of a Closed-End Lease
- Any make and model vehicle (light and medium duty)
- Flexible terms (terms can range from 12-60 months)
- Flexible kilometre options (high kilometre options available for commercial vehicle use)
- Ability to include up-fitting required for your business needs (cargo van shelving, snow tires, bed liners, etc.)
- Usage based monthly payment (you only pay for what you use)
- Maintenance packages available for ease of budgeting
- Increase driver accountability through fleet management programs
- No residual risk (avoid used vehicle market uncertainty, especially during economic downturns)
- True operating lease for accounting purposes
- Low total lifecycle costs (refresh your fleet while managing costs and reducing unexpected and costly repair expenses)
During times of uncertainty, vehicle values can be significantly affected based on economic conditions. Closed-End leasing can be an effective option to add stability to your fleet through consistent usage based payments, while avoiding residual risk.
To learn more about our Closed-End lease program or any of our other services, contact us here.1 2 3 … 14 Next »