The federal and provincial governments have announced financial aid to help support businesses and individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Some of the federal financial assistance available to businesses include:
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) provides up to a 75% wage subsidy to eligible employers for up to 12 weeks. For more detailed information, visit here.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) which offers access to capital to eligible businesses through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Export Development Canada (EDC).
- Canada Emergency Business Account which provides loans of up to $40,000 to eligible small businesses and not-for-profit organizations
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses which intends to provide loans and/or forgivable loans to commercial property owners who have had to lower or forgo the rent from small businesses.
- Deferral of income tax payment for businesses
For more up to date information and a list of all financial assistance available, visit the federal government website.
In addition to federal government support available, below are some helpful links on information and assistance available by province.
|British Columbia||Assistance Information|
|New Brunswick||Assistance Information|
|Novia Scotia||Assistance Information|
|Prince Edward Island||Assistance Information|
Note: Information posted is at time of publishing and may be subject to change.Jim Pattison Lease, News
March 18, 2020 UPDATE
To Our Valued Customers:
Jim Pattison Lease is taking the Coronavirus outbreak seriously and is respectful of its employees, suppliers, and customers.
We understand that these are certainly unprecedented times and that the situation we face is serious. We are committed to support our customers’ urgent vehicle requirements during this time, and understand that our customers have responsibilities to keep supplies moving and their essential operations open during this time.
We have reduced the number of people required to be in the office during this time, and are asking customers to arrange phone appointments or web conferences in place of in person meetings and to minimize group gatherings and interactions.
We are asking employees to stay safe and are assessing situations that may require self-quarantine. In each of our offices, we have undertaken extra cleaning procedures and have set up sanitizing stations for staff to clean their hands and equipment. We are dedicated to supporting our customers and are able to answer emails, phone calls, and provide services to our customers as normal.
Should circumstances warrant a quarantine for staff members, we will continue to serve our customers using remote work stations. Our Account Executives remain available through email and cell phone and we look forward to supporting our customers during this time.
Michael Rusch, CPA, CMA
Jim Pattison Lease
« Previous 1 2 3 4 … 14 Next »