Given current vehicle shortages, both individual and company fleet vehicles may need to remain on the road longer. To keep vehicles running safely and avoid costly repairs down the road, it is important to keep your vehicle(s) properly maintained. When a vehicle is running smoothly and performing optimally, not only is there less strain on the engine and other components, driving ability won’t be impeded by a compromised vehicle.
To help keep your vehicle running safely and efficiently:
- Follow your manufacturers’ maintenance schedule. These schedules can be found in your owner’s manual or by visiting the manufacturers’ website. Proper maintenance will keep your vehicle running smoothly and avoid larger unexpected repairs down the road.
- Check for windshield chips and have them repaired promptly. Windshield chips and cracks can expand quickly and affect driver visibility, weaken the windshield, and lead to fines.
- Check fluid levels regularly. Review your vehicle owner’s manual to identify the correct way to check fluid levels.
- Check tire pressures regularly. Keeping tires properly inflated will not only save fuel and emissions; it will also ensure proper tire wear which will prolong the life of your tires.
If you operate a fleet of vehicles:
- Consider using telematics to monitor and optimize your fleet operations. Benefits of using telematics include:
- Ability to monitor safety habits including speeding or harsh acceleration.
- Optimize vehicle performance by receiving real-time engine diagnostic notifications.
- Proactive and predictive maintenance reminders to ensure your fleet is properly maintained.
- Partner with a fleet management company to gain access to:
- Reporting about whether your vehicles are being properly maintained.
- Advice on what vehicles to acquire for your business based on operating data and business needs.
- Fuel and maintenance management programs to help track and lower vehicle operational costs.
- Remarketing teams offering vehicle valuations and multiple vehicle disposal channels.
To learn more about how your business can ensure your fleet vehicles are running efficiently and cost-effectively, contact us today.