The federal and provincial governments have announced financial aid to help support businesses and individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Some of the federal financial assistance available to businesses include:
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) provides up to a 75% wage subsidy to eligible employers for up to 12 weeks. For more detailed information, visit here.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) which offers access to capital to eligible businesses through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Export Development Canada (EDC).
- Canada Emergency Business Account which provides loans of up to $40,000 to eligible small businesses and not-for-profit organizations
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses which intends to provide loans and/or forgivable loans to commercial property owners who have had to lower or forgo the rent from small businesses.
- Deferral of income tax payment for businesses
For more up to date information and a list of all financial assistance available, visit the federal government website.
In addition to federal government support available, below are some helpful links on information and assistance available by province.
|British Columbia||Assistance Information|
|New Brunswick||Assistance Information|
|Novia Scotia||Assistance Information|
|Prince Edward Island||Assistance Information|
Note: Information posted is at time of publishing and may be subject to change.