How can zero-emissions vehicles support your business?
Electric vehicles (EV’s) and fleet sustainability have been gaining popularity over the last few years and for good reason. Many manufacturers, including major traditional manufacturers who produce commercial vehicles such as pickup trucks and commercial vans, are dedicating more resources to developing and producing electric vehicles.
What are some of the factors to consider when implementing electric vehicles into your fleet?
- Electric vehicle model availability based on business operating needs
- Drivetrain requirements including four or all-wheel drive
- Access to fast-charging stations
- Trip planning to reduce downtime
- Vehicle charging options at home or in the office
- Access to electric vehicle repair facilities
- Initial vehicle cost of electric vehicles when compared to internal combustion vehicles
- Federal and provincial electric car, truck, and van rebates
- Charging infrastructure cost
- Home charging cost reimbursement
- Personal use and tax considerations
- Total lifecycle cost analysis
To learn more about factors to consider when implementing an electric vehicle program for your business fleet, visit our blog.