With close to a third of CO2 emissions coming from the transportation sector, Jim Pattison Lease believes there is a need, from both an environmental and economic perspective, to transition certain fleets from internal combustion engines to alternative powertrains.
Our strategy is to enable our clients to operate cleaner vehicle fleets which are more cost effective to drive and maintain, which ensuring their business needs are met and exceeded.
Research shows that the transition to Zero Emission Vehicles is expected to occur over the next 2-5 years, depending on the following variables:
- Potential fuel savings through the use of Battery Electric or Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles.
- Vehicle up-front acquisition cost
- Qualified service facilities across Canada for both existing and new vehicle manufacturers.
- Convenient personal, public, and private fast charging stations within every market.
- Adequate manufacturers’ warranties on batteries and fuel cells.
- Lower life cycle cost of ownership; both fixed and variable.
- Government incentives and rebates.
- Clients use case for vehicles (route assigned, return to base, and on-site vehicles may have a higher adoption rate as they can pre-plan vehicle charging)
Through ongoing research, along with involvement with the zero emission vehicle sector, and robust data analytics available, Jim Pattison Lease can collaborate with clients on options and viability to move to zero emission vehicles. If you would like to learn more about Zero Emission Vehicles and how they can impact your fleet, contact us today.